Jam packed with antioxidants, magnesium and bliss nutrients that can help keep you energized, healthy and happy.
Our Raw Cacao Powder is made from an heirloom variety of unroasted Criollo Amazonico Cacao, grown in the Amazon rainforest of Satipo, Peru. It contains up to twice the amount of antioxidants of traditional Cocoa Powder made from roasted beans.
ORAC scores for the Top 10 Antioxidant Foods (per 100 grams)
|1) cocoa powder* || |
|2) Raw cacao nibs* || |
|3) Roasted cocoa powder || |
|4) Goji Berries* || |
|5) Acai Berries* || |
|6) Dark Chocolate || |
|7) Prunes || |
|8) Raisins || |
|9) Blueberries || |
|10) Blackberries || |
|11) Kale || |
|Source: US department of Agriculture/Journal of American Chemical Society |
|*Brunswick Laboratories MA, USACertified Organic Raw Criollo Cacao (cocoa) - beans, nibs, powder and butter |
Cacao Facts:Processing: Cacao beans are pressed using an hydraulic screw press which generates heat to 50ºC or higher. This press is able to get more fat out of the powder, therefore the powder has a higher ORAC score.
• Chocolate has 400 distinct flavour compounds – that’s 200% more than any other food! The exotic flavoured ‘criollo’ variety represents only 1% of world production and is the highest priced in international commodity markets.
• Raw Power products have an anti-oxidant (ORAC) score of 95,500. To put that into perspective, that’s 14 times more antioxidant flavonoids than red wine,
21 times more than green tea, and 7 times more than even dark chocolate! Raw Power is the best brand of chocolate (cacao) for antioxidants and good health.
• Magnesium is the most common deficient major mineral even following a balanced diet – it is estimated that over 80% of Australians are chronically lacking.
• Phenylethylamine (PEA) found in cacao products is an adrenal-related chemical that is created within the brain and released when we fall in love, and also help increase focus and alertness.
• Pure cacao seems to diminish appetite – likely as a result of it’s unusual MAO inhibitors that allow more serotonin and other neurotransmittors like anandamide (the bliss chemical) to circulate in the brain, precipitating a rejuvenating effect.
• Cacao beans, nibs and powder contain no sugar and have a fat content lower than most other nuts.
• The Kuna Indians of the Panamanian Islands consume significant amounts of high-flavonol cacao; they also have extremely low blood pressure that doesn’t climb as they age.