This Curried Coleslaw is light, fresh and tangy. It is vegan, raw, gluten and dairy free. Try it in a wrap for a fresh lunch alternative!.
Makes 2 - 4 servings
Coleslaw Dry Ingredients
1/2 head green cabbage (the sweetest is sugarloaf), shredded (2 cups)
1/2 head red cabbage, shredded (2 cups)
2 carrots (1 orange, 1 purple for colour and antioxidants), shredded (1 cup)
1 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup goji berries
Coleslaw Wet Ingredients
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup raw mayo (see below)
2 Tbsp Nama Shoyu
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp raw agave nectar or yacon syrup
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp curry
1/2 tsp cumin
1. Shred the cabbage either by hand with a knife or in your food processor.
2. Finely julienne the carrots or shred/grate in a food processor.
3. Place in a large bowl adding in the chia seeds.
4. In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients and spices. Mix well.
5. Toss together all ingredients, making sure cabbage is evenly coated.
6. If possible, chill for at least an hour and toss thoroughly again before serving. Leaving it to 'rest' in the fridge for an hour or 2 will allow all the flavours to mingle and blend.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hrs or more (no longer than overnight)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2-3 soft dates, pitted (soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes to soften)
1 tsp Pink Himilayan salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup cold pressed organic olive oil or avocado oil - add this in last
1. Puree all ingredients, except oil, a blender and blend until smooth.
2. You need to process it until you don’t feel any graininess in the batter.
3. While continuing to blend, add oil in a steady stream, until emulsified.
4. Store in a tightly sealed container the fridge for up to 2 weeks.