Makes 8 - 10
Raw Cashew Cheese Ingredients
1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked 2 hours)
1/3 cup water
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp Pink Himilayan salt
1. Combine the drained cashews, water, garlic and salt in a food processor.
2. Blend until very smooth (5 minutes). Transfer to a small bowl.
3. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 24-48 hours.
4. Refrigerate until ready to use. The cheese will keep for five days in the fridge.
Living Rice Paper Rolls Ingredients
1/2 cup Raw Cashew Cheese
1 (4 inch) piece diakon radish, peeled
5 cups hot water
8 rice paper sheets
2 cups fresh baby rocket
1 cup julienned Lebanese cucumber
3/4 cup julienned yellow capsicum or butter beans
1/2 cup julienned red capsicum
1/2 cup julienned peeled carrot
1/2 cup julienned zucchini
1. Put the cashew cheese in a piping bag or small ziploc bag with and cut-off one corner (or you know, use a spoon).
2. Using a spiral slicer to cut the diakon into long, curly strands.
3. Pour the water into a large bowl. Dip 1 sheet of rice paper in and soak for a few seconds, until pliable. Place it on clean, moist towel.
4. Transfer the rice paper to a large plate or cutting board. Place one-eighth of the baby rocket, radish, cucumber, beans, zucchini, capsicum,avocado and carrot across the centre of the rice paper .
5. Pipe the cashew cheese over the vegetables.
6. Fold the sides of the rice paper over the ends of the filling. Starting at the long side, roll into a cylinder. Continue with each rice paper.
7. Serve with tamari for a dipping sauce. The spring rolls will keep for 8 hours, covered and refrigerated.